We offer guided tours in Karosta Prison and museum. Other activities available by booking in advance – the show Behind Bars, accommodation and Extreme Night in prison. Different activities in Northern Forts like guided tour, Spy game Escape from USSR and Labyrinth of Senses are also available by booking in advance.
There is a Karosta Visitor’s Center in Karosta Prison.
- Tourism information about Karosta and Liepaja,
- Soviet time buffet with a real „buffetchitza” and soviet time meals,
- Karosta Souvenir shop,
- Tour guide services for the Karosta and Liepāja,
- Bicycle rent and guided bicycle tours around Karosta,
- Watching a film about the history of Karosta,
- Photos in historical costumes and military uniforms.
Liepāja, Karosta, Invalīdu iela 4,
Open June, July and August
May and September
October - April
on Saturdays and Sundays
at different times by prior request.
I took the bus from Riga to Liepaja which was easily done (takes 3.5 hours) and a cab from the bus station. I had read about the place and wanted to take a look. The staff were... read more
The only military prison in Europe you can visit. You can only visit it with a guide, and there are visits every hour (at least, during Summer). Check updated info. It is a short visit (45 min), in English and Latvian, but very interesting. There is also a nice shop. If you have time, after the prison, go around the... More