We offer guided tours in Karosta Prison and museum. Other activities available by booking in advance – the show Behind Bars, accommodation and Extreme Night in prison. Different activities in Northern Forts like guided tour, Spy game Escape from USSR and Labyrinth of Senses are also available by booking in advance.
There is a Karosta Visitor’s Center in Karosta Prison.
- Tourism information about Karosta and Liepaja,
- Soviet time buffet with a real „buffetchitza” and soviet time meals,
- Karosta Souvenir shop,
- Tour guide services for the Karosta and Liepāja,
- Bicycle rent and guided bicycle tours around Karosta,
- Watching a film about the history of Karosta,
- Photos in historical costumes and military uniforms.
Liepāja, Karosta, Invalīdu iela 4,
Atvērts jūnijā, jūlijā, augustā
katru dienu 9:00-19:00
maijā un septembrī
katru dienu 10:00-18:00.
I took the bus from Riga to Liepaja which was easily done (takes 3.5 hours) and a cab from the bus station. I had read about the place and wanted to take a look. The staff were... read more
My friend and I travelled around Latvia by car for a week and this was definitely the highlight of the trip. We stayed overnight at the prison which is a lot of fun. Juris stayed with us took us on a tour that night. He was previously a chief at the prison and has written his own book about it.... More